Virtual Technology System Administrator III
Security Clearance: Secret
Required Experience: 5-10 yrs
Position Level: III [Senior]
Location: Panama City, FL [USA]
Job Type: Full-Time
Location Type: On-Site
Step into the future and shape the backbone of the next-generation military installation! As a member of the NTI Team, you must possess exceptional analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and have an uncompromising drive toward excellence with the understanding that, if selected, you will be filling a critical role in collaboratively pioneering activities directed at assisting the Air Force in developing the “base of the future.”
- Install, configure, maintain virtual servers.
- Performs upgrades/patches to virtual suite and servers.
- Produce and manage backup solution.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment according to standards, business rules, and needs.
- Implements server and special mission system security fixes, operating system patches, and antivirus software.
- Processes and reviews C4 systems requirement documentation, telecommunication service requests, status of acquisition messages, and telecommunication service orders.
- Performs user accounts management and standardizes systems settings using automated deployment tools. Manages physical, virtual, and cloud-based server/client hardware.
- Ensures continuing systems operability by providing ongoing optimization and problem solving support.
- Applies computer security policies to safeguard systems and information.
- Categorizes, isolates, and resolves system problems. Performs fault recovery by validating, isolating, correcting faults, and verifying service restoral with customers.
- Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls from lower support echelons.
- Processes scheduled and authorized outages. Submits outage reports in response to unscheduled outages. Contractor format acceptable.
- Utilizes enterprise patching tools to implement security updates and patches to include Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments, C4 Notice to Airman, Time Compliance Network Orders, Time Compliance Technical Order, operating system patches, and antivirus software updates.
- Performs proactive security functions to deter, detect, isolate, contain, and recover from information system and network security intrusions.
- Performs system sanitation resulting from classified message incidents and classified file incidents.
- Analyzes risks and/or vulnerabilities and takes corrective action to mitigate or remove them.
- Reviews and implements C4 systems requirements. Performs strategic and budget planning for systems hardware and software.
- Other duties as prescribed
- Must have an active secret clearance
- 6+ years of IT experience with 1-2 years of hands-on experience administering a Virtual Desktop Integration
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure management
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices
- Skilled in troubleshooting
- Skilled in server maintenance
- Skilled in effective communication
- DoD 8570 IAT-II (Sec+, CySA+, CCNA-Security, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 30lbs