Cyber Support Specialist-III
Salary Range: $95,000 – $115,000
Security Clearance: None
Required Experience: 5-10 yrs
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Be a part of Namauu Technological & Industrial (NTI)’s first of its kind team utilizing DevSecOps technology to rapidly deliver capabilities to support a wide range of DoD missions in the heart of downtown San Antonio. You will be one of the first to work in this brand-new modern facility supporting the startup culture to transform the future and protect the security of the United States. Take this opportunity to gain experience in an unclassified and classified environment obtain a security clearance, public sector experience, and support the mission of our military.
The cyber support specialist will field incoming help requests from end users via telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner. This position is considered equivalent to a tier III or senior service desk support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for initial setup of IT equipment, including laptops, Polycoms, ZOOM rooms, VTC camera equipment, and multifunction machines, etc.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve level one problems for users of the software and hardware, LAN, WAN, VPN, the Internet, and new computer technology, communicating solutions to end-users.
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolutions.
- Escalate problems when required, to the appropriate next level.
- Use ticketing system to record, track, and document Help Desk requests.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Accesses software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform remote fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, pc’s, laptops, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up to help requests.
- Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution for approved software.
- Receive, deliver, tag, set up, and assist with the configuration of end-user hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Support software and hardware on equipment, like scanners, copiers, printers, monitors, and other peripherals.
- Assign user-name, password, and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications as well as client software.
- Help install local area network cabling systems and equipment, like network interface cards, hubs, and switches.
- Manage effective inventory control of property and monitor system warrantee and support service programs to ensure maximum system uptime and availability.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven track record of maintaining and troubleshooting end-user devices
- DoD and/or Air Force experience preferred
- Pass a tier 1 investigation
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Eligible to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance if required
- Travel if required
- Knowledge of the latest version of Microsoft Windows environment.
- Knowledge of configuration and setup of Apple iOS.
- Knowledge of configuration and setup of Linux.
- Knowledge of PC/client repair and maintenance (hardware/software).
- Skill with leading a team of subordinate cyber support specialists
- Skill with Windows Deployment Services for client imaging
- Skill with imaging, managing, deploying, and configuring Windows 10/11 devices
- Skill with imaging, managing, deploying, and configuring iOS devices
- Ability to learn new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to handle multiple requests from various teams and tasks.
Education: High school diploma (or equivalency) [Associates degree with a major in Information Technology or cyber related field preferred]
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate [or other related Microsoft OS certification]
- CompTIA Linux+ [within 90-days of employment]
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) [within 180-days of employment]
- Normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 30lbs