Source: Linkedin Jobs
Job Description Summary
The purpose of the Technical Support Specialist 2 (TSS-2) is to assist in resolving complex, time-sensitive, and high-risk issues, which include customer escalations, site down, remote troubleshooting, and dispatching cases to field service technicians, within a timely and professional manner. Each TSS-2 is expected to understand the GSL systems from server to station and any integrated connections to other BD products. We strive to be the leader in support by building trusted partnerships, fostering open communication, driving team and cross-functional collaboration, and empowering our TSS-2 to take calculated risks and continuously improve our culture, processes, and service.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
% of time
Customer Service Support
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
Customer Service Support
Service Orientation, Initiative, & Quality
- Applies knowledge of support service operations to answer new Inbound Calls and Callbacks
- Acts with customers in mind when choosing and utilizing Phone and/or Email communication channels
- Demonstrates effective use of phone and email for the communication channel
- Adapts the content, tone, style, and form to suit the needs of the reader, the subject, and the purpose of the communication by use of clear and succinct information when documenting case notes. Uses plain talk to explain complex or technical concepts
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of cases to resolve new/recurring/ongoing technical incident
- Ability to identify trends in casework
- Provides the information people need to know by maintaining high levels of data quality and integrity (CRM)
- Maintains an open, approachable manner, and treats others fairly and respectfully. Preserves others’ self-confidence and dignity, and shows regard for their opinions
- Provides progress updates to customers. Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met
- Takes action, prioritizes and accurately assesses personal case management to ensure a high-quality customer experience
- Follows and redirects others towards process checklists & collaboration process
- Maintain knowledge of and education level to demonstrate understanding of Customer Education (clinical and technical) and encourages other to continue learning
- Addresses issues in an open, constructive, professional manner, and persuades others to approach issues in the same manner
- Displays a positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, customers, management, and employer policies.
- Asks for and uses feedback to improve performance. Seeks and acquires new competencies, work methods, ideas, and information that will improve own efficiency and effectiveness on the job
Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Applies rigorous logic and methods to participate and lead the team issue resolution activities
- Accurately assesses priority level with limited to no guidance
- Remains open to many approaches to address needs or resolve issues. Seeks suggestions from other parties
- Intermediate Understanding of BD products and how technical support and Field Service support BD products in our customers’ environments
- Understanding how our products enhance and interact with pharmacy workflow
- Ability to identify issue and trends and uses available tools, resources, and team collaboration to troubleshoot customer issues
- Adherence to work and call schedules
- Timely completion of any Company or Department required training.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Combination of eLearning training and shadowing, followed by on-the-job training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electronic Technologies or 3+ years or equivalent experience
- Microsoft SQL experience (2+ years)
- Must be able to write queries and analyze SQL data (i.e. Select and Join statements) within complex database structures.
- SSIS (SQL Job) exposure/experience
- SQL Reporting Services
- Ability to communicate technical solutions/recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Windows Server (2008+) and Desktop Administration (Win7+)
- Networking topology, terminology, commands
- IIS and Web Application Administration
- Group Policies Terminology and Administration
- Active Directory Administration
- VMWare Terminology and Administration
- Installing peripherals (Scanners, Printers…)
- CompTIA A+ or N+ preferred
- Application Installation and Troubleshooting
- Ports (Networking/OS)
- Understanding of XML language (1+ years)
- Ability to review application and OS logs (2+ years)
- Wireshark (1+ Years)
- Flexible in working hours
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA TX – San Antonio
US BD 1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)